Advising Assistance for Semester Enrollment
Meeting with your Advisor
You are not required to meet with your academic advisor unless you are newly certified to the College of Arts and Sciences or you are a first semester Direct Admit Program student. However, we highly suggest that you meet with your advisor for any of these reasons:
- You need help planning courses for the semester
- You failed to pass major course last semester and are struggling
- You have a lot of questions
- You are on probation
- You are uncertain about sequencing of classes in your major
- Your plan varies significantly from your four-year plan found in iPGS
- You want to discuss how to enhance your academic journey to prepare for future endeavors
- You will find the Degree Maps online in iGPS by logging in to One.IU.
- Instructions for how to access your Academic Advisement Report (AAR) are provided here: https://college.indiana.edu/student-portal/undergraduate-students/advisors/advisement-report.html. Use your AAR to determine which requirements you must still satisfy.
- Find your Bulletin by starting here: https://college.indiana.edu/student-portal/undergraduate-students/degree-requirements.html.