Travel Management Website for more details
- Discuss the trip with your professor.
- Fill out a travel request form and turn it in to the Department’s travel arranger. Currently: Cameron Kincaid or Chemtrav@indiana.edu
- Wait for approval, which can take 1-3 days.
- Direct bill with help from Cameron Kincaid.
- IU may be able to directly pay for the conference registrations, airfare, hotels, and rental cars.
- Setting this up may take several days. Please submit early.
- If you have not already done so, set up direct deposit for Travel.
- From One.iu.edu search for “Travel Direct deposit.”
- Choose the tile with an airplane and stack of money named "Travel Reimbursement Direct Deposit".
- Click continue, and fill out the forms
- Submit any questions to Cameron Kincaid.
- Keep all receipts.
- Do not pay for anyone else or reimburse them, this might be against IU policy.
- IU can only reimburse you for business expenses. The University will not reimburse travelers for any expenses of a personal or political nature.
- Submit Travel reimbursement form.
- Turn receipts in to Cameron Kincaid
- Receipts must be submitted within 30 days of your return.
- Receipts cannot be accepted after 120 days from your return due to IU and IRS policy.
- Reimbursement will take 1-8 weeks.