- Indiana University – Bloomington undergraduates are not eligible for this REU program and should apply directly to faculty for research opportunities. Click Here
- You must be an undergraduate student attending a two-year or four-year accredited college, having completed at least your freshman year before participating in our REU. High school students are not eligible.
- You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must not be graduating with a four year degree before the end of the REU Program.
- If you are a student from a regional IU campus, please contact your campus liaison listed below to discuss the program. They should be able to provide a letter of recommendation which will accelerate the review of your materials. Campus liaisons are:
Dr. Mendez (IUPUC), firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Tascnher (IU-Northwest), email@example.com
Dr. Basu (IUPUI),firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Hossain (IU-Kokomo), email@example.com
Drs. Fleischer firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Setterdahl (IU-Southeast), email@example.com
Dr. Kathuria (IU-East), firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Anderson (IU-South Bend) email@example.com
Members underrepresented in the chemical sciences and those with little research experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 1-2 page personal statement. This statement should discuss your educational background and interests and why you would like to participate in the Indiana Chemistry Department REU program. Please make sure to identify which faculty hosts are of interest to you.
- A copy of your unofficial transcript.
- A copy of your resume.
- The names and contact information for two references (typically professors from your institution). After submission of your application, they will receive an email to upload their reference letter.
The primary selection criteria will be the applicant’s academic record, supporting letters, and enthusiasm for chemical research as conveyed in the personal statement.
All applicants will be notified of the final decision by email.
If you receive an offer from us, and you accept, you should plan to honor that commitment. It is simply unfair to other students interested in our program to accept a position with the intent of turning it down later.