C117 Eligibility Quiz: Please answer the questions below to determine your eligibility.
Please note that the C117 Eligibility Quiz and the CPE exam ARE NOT the same thing.
In order to gain permission for C117 and C127 you must fulfill one of the following prerequisites:
- C103 or C101/121 with a C- or better
- AP Score of 5
- C105/125 with a C- or better. This gives you credit for C117 and C127. If you choose not to take C117/C127 on the Bloomington campus it is recommended that you take C243 BEFORE taking C341
If you do not have these you can either take the CPE or ALEKS AND fulfill a Math pre-requisite.
You will need one of the following:
- CPE Score of 15 or higher
- ALEKS mastery of 95% or greater
AND one of the following:
- Score of 70 or higher on Math ALEKS
- Score of 17 or higher on Math Skills Assessment Test
- Math SAT of 580 or greater
- Math ACT of 25 or greater
- Completion of an IUB course of MATH-M025 or higher with a C- or better
Completion of the CPE and/or the ALEKS is due before requesting enrollment permission.
For questions contact the Undergraduate Office at 812-855-2700.
If you are seeking permission to enroll in C117/C127, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and student ID number.